Paper to CAD Conversions
We can convert any paper drawing, sketch, or even an idea drawn on a napkin to CAD and output into any format as required. We can take all your paper drawings filling up your cabinets and convert them to CAD, that can easily be saved on your computers hard drive.
Our paper to CAD conversions are not software generated, rather they are drawn by hand with AIA standard or custom layering.
- We can software convert any PDF file into a usable CAD file with same day service for $25.00.
Architectural Drafting and Design Process
These are the 3 main phases of our design process. During this process, plan on spending 30 to 90 days in design development. Once you’ve approved your design, your permit-ready construction documents will typically be delivered within 3 to 4 weeks.
- Initial Conceptualization Stage
Having identified the basic requirements, likes and dislikes, preferences and style quotient of the client, we start to conceptualize the initial design scheme. This stage holds great significance for our drafting service as it sets the tone for the entire project. Rough sketches illustrating the basic concepts of the design, spatial relationships and basic form of the proposed structure are prepared and gradually developed. Once clients approve of these sketches, you can move on.
The Design Development Stage
Once the schematic design is approved, we then start to develop the design in more detail. It’s finalized keeping in view every aspect, including planning, the exterior and interior appearance, material specification, general structural details, and placement of window and doors etc. You prepare 2D and 3D drawings like the site plan, elevations, sections and views from different angles to have elaborate discussions with the client. These drawings convey the exact idea of the final structure accurately to them.
Preparing Construction Documentation
Last but not the least, preparation of detailed construction documentation is the very important concluding phase of the design process. Detailed dimension drawings with every conceivable detail for the actual construction stage are vital to ensure that general contractor and sub–contractors don’t have any confusions or misinterpretations regarding the design. Ensuring precision and accuracy is paramount in all the specifications for construction process to be smooth and error-free.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) is the use of computer systems to aid in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design. CAD software is used to increase the productivity of the designer, improve the quality of design, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing. CAD output is often in the form of electronic files for print, machining, or other manufacturing operations.
- We have on over 30 years of Drafting/CAD experience, holding a degree of Structural Drafting and Design.
- Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) is the use of software to control machine tools and related machinery in the manufacturing of parts.
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE) is the use of computers and specialized programs in engineering to automate analysis and testing through simulation of such factors as stress and loads.
- We offer drawing and tool path generation. We can either use an existing drawing and import into our software or we can create the geometry and tool path.
Large Format and Blue Prints
- We offer a wide variety of printing options and price breaks for high volume projects. All our printing is done locally for quick turn around. Locally we can deliver, others will be delivered via postal service.
- Blue Print B/W – $0.17 per square foot
- Blue Print Color – $5.99 per square foot
- Poster Printing – $4.50 per square foot
- Poster Boards – $6.25 per square foot